Thursday, August 17, 2017

Let's recycle a little and create a custom journal - Part 2

Hidy y'all!! I am back and I am going to continue to show
y'all how I am making my own journal to help me
with my sadness and depression. Not only 
getting my feelings and thoughts down on paper but
keeping my mind busy crafting the journal.

We left off here:


Ok, now we are going to make our journal so we can put pages in it....


I am using this cord but you can use anything you would like...


You will also need a large button... I chose one with an indent to add
a second button for decoration....  If you have a button box like mine,
this might take a while to choose, lol


I have chosen!!  LOL


Ok, start with your cord on the back side and wrap it over to inside...


Keep wrapping and holding it tight until you have as many as you want... 
these will hold your signatures of pages...


I ended up with nine wraps.... Bring both ends to back side and hold tightly...


Cut cord with longish tails left....


Pass both ends under all wraps one lower than the other...


Tie over all wraps and pull them together...


Now put each ends thru button and tie again...


I chose a second button just because  :)
Tie a bow and there you have it!
A no-sew, no-glue, no-staple journal!!


Items I used so far:


Next time I will show you how to add pages and
embellish your journal...

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and remember to come back
same time same place on 9/7 to learn more!!!

Thanks for stopping by and please come back again!!!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I love creating journals! I can't wait to see more! Great job! <3

Michelle Wells said...

Great tutorial

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This looks like something I can do! Great instructions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...