Saturday, August 19, 2017

How To Make a Cute & Simple Birthday Card With Dew Drops

Hello crafty friends, welcome to the Chattering Robin's blog. 

Michelle here with you today to share a very simple and cute manatee themed birthday card I made for a very special niece's birthday. 



I used selections from the BEAUTIFUL Riverside Mini Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest. 

These dew drops were absolutely perfect to use, along with The Robin's Nest, Blue Robin Glitter Cardstock as the background.



http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/Blue-Robin-Glitter-Cardstock-gcblrob.htm?categoryId=-1

http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=Riverside

http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/Alpha-Glitter-Stickers-let-color.htm?categoryId=-1

My niece is absolutely CRAZY about manatee's, so of course the card had to have a manatee on it. I used my cutting machine to cut not only a manatee, but also some seaweed for the designs on this card.

My card base is a 5x5 card, I also cut the Blue Robin Glitter Cardstock in a 5x5 square, and the solid aqua color cardstock in a 3.5x3.5 square.

I used an aqua ink with a blending tool to lightly color the edges of both squares, and green and deep gray ink to shade the edges of the seaweed & manatee cuts.




I used a double sided scoring tape, to apply both the glitter cardstock & solid aqua cardstock.

Using a double sided adhesive dimensional dots, I layered the seaweed alternating the light & dark shades of green, also using them to adhere the manatee.

Lastly, I randomly added my color selections of dew drops from the Riverside Mini Dew Drops, adhering them with glue, leaving enough space to add my nieces name, using 
The Robin's Nest Alpha Glitter Stickers in white.

My niece was thrilled with her card. And it was made possible by the beautiful cardstock & embellishment selections from The Robin's Nest.

For The Robin's Nest items I used on this project, and even more great product selections, visit The Robin's Nest online store by following the blog tab link above this post, the purple links with product photo's on this post, or the link below.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Until next time....Be Craftily You.



http://www.shop.robinsnest-scrap.net/main.sc








7 comments:

Robin O'Crowley said...

Michelle this is so adorable!

Jean Moore said...

What a sweet and wonderful project. Made me smile.

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you Robin

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you Jean

Michelle Wells said...

Thank you Jean

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

So gosh darn cute!! I love the background paper you chose - - so perfect for the ocean vibe!

Tonya said...

What a fun card! Awesome job! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...