Monday, August 21, 2017

Creating a Unique and Simple Shaker Box: Wizard Approved!

Hello and welcome to the blog today.  Shelly with you sharing a super easy shaker box accent made from product packaging and Dew Drops with a Harry Potter theme.


Shaker boxes add whimsy & movement to your projects....


So let's take a look at how easy it to make a shaker box with product packaging and Dew Drops!

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and recently made a pilgrimage to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter where I picked up a box of Bernie Bott's Every Flavour Beans (along with a chocolate frog) from Honeydukes.

The packaging from the candies was so charming and whimsical, I knew I had to incorporate it into my scrapbook pages.  Since the Every Flavor Beans had a cello window, I immediately knew a shaker box would be perfect!

Here's how I did it:

  • Gently deconstruct box with an craft knife, detail scissors and straight edge




  • Choose the panel you want to use, along with a box flap to use as your shaker box back.
  • Add 2 - 3 layers of double-sided dimensional foam tape along edges of your shaker box back (I always add a little Best Glue Ever to make sure that foam tape will be permanently affixed)
  • Once your foam tape is in place, place a scoop of mixed Dew Drops (Original and Mini), Diamond Dew Drops, Tear Drops and a few sequins for extra sparkle.
  • Add a few more drops of Best Glue Ever and firmly press your shaker box together


And that's how easy it is!  I cannot wait to add this to one of my Harry Potter projects!


Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative week!

Shelly


3 comments:

Michelle Wells said...

FANTASTICALLY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! How clever, LOVE what you created with the box!

Tonya said...

How fun!!! Absolutely LOVE this! <3 Awesome job! <3

Mary Jones said...

Love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...