Tuesday, June 20, 2017

How to create a simple pocket book gift card

Good morning Terri here, today I am going to show you how to create a simple pocket book gift card.



Sometimes we want to give a loved one something other than a greeting card, maybe we want to give them a ticket to a show or a gift card, maybe you are giving them some photos and need a way to wrap them, hopefully this tutorial will give you a new idea.

I will be using the following products from Robins Nest




I cut a piece of 6"x 12" card and scored it in half to create my outer card


Using my chosen paper for the insert I folded it in half and in half again, I then unfold and cut one of the folds to the centre.


Then fold the paper to form triangles so it looks like the picture above


I added sticky tape along the outer edge (show here in red) and then closed the triangular flap


Now we have an insert with 2 pockets, I glued this inside the outer card which I cut and folded previously


On the front of the card I added a paper doily and some embellishments from my Robins Nest stash



I also added some paper lace tape to the spine of the card


Inside can be filled with items of your choice


I hope you like this idea and give it a try yourself.

Thank you for stopping by today.



5 comments:

Michelle Wells said...

Great design!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Cute!! Great job!

Tonya said...

Awesome job! <3

Jean Moore said...

Sweet little book with perfect papers!

Karen Sessions said...

What a great project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...